My "News from the Pros" Blogroll

Happy Late Birthday Neph !!!


MP3 Clips

Followers

Saturday, May 2, 2009

April 23rd……………and the Mission Goes on a Marathon

What do I say about a weekend so full of Poker I wanted to pull out of some tournaments late on Sunday. Now I have a glimpse of what the big live tournaments are like. Grueling is a good word. While I went deep in a number of these 40+ tournaments I only cashed 2 times until late on Sunday night. I was really starting to lose my confidence. Then I went on a run and finished 12th, 10th, 6th 4th and last but not least a 2nd. I believe if I was fresher I would have had one or two 1st finishes but fatigue became a factor. With those wins and a number of high places and wins I netted another $390 toward my goal.

No big cashes but it definitely was a humbling and character building experience. I finally found a zone where I made solid decisions, stayed patient and found my places to make large chip gains and fold when I really wanted to push all in with marginal hands. Now if I can just recreate that mind-set EVERY time I start a tournament I might become a very good player and succeed at my Quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment